Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
What: Food Truck Eats presents AwesTRUCK: Street Food Revolution.
When: Sunday September 9th. 2pm - 8pm
Where: Evergreen Brick Works. 550 Bayview Avenue, Toronto (Map)
Cost: VIP tickets are $60 (includes food and drink from 2pm to 4pm see below for full details). General admission tickets are $15 (does not include food or drink).
Details: 8 of Ontario's best food trucks, 8 of Ontario's best popup vendors. Ontario wineries, breweries, and spirit distillers. Event is 19+ only, and tickets will not be available at the door. Voting is currently underway at www.foodtruckeats.ca/awestruck2012
On Sunday September 9th from 2 pm until 8 pm the Evergreen Brick Works’ Holcim Gallery will sizzle. The hottest talents from Southern Ontario's street food community will gather to recognize their culinary creativity, celebrate the revolutionary spirit of Canada’s street food scene, and find out who has the most awesome food truck!
Food will be available from the 8 finalists for the People’s Choice Award, determined by voting on the AwesTRUCK 2012 voting portal; www.foodtruckeats.ca/awestruck2012
Additional food vendors curated by Food Truck Eats will offer a variety of inventive and tasty street food throughout the event, and beverages will be provided by nearly a dozen of the best local craft breweries, local wineries by Wine Country Ontario, and spirit distillers from across Ontario.
The soundtrack for the event will be provided by Louis Calabro and Matt Cully, the DJs behind the legendary Going Steady and Chronologic parties.
There will be giveaways and more than a few surprises so make sure to reserve your attendance early with a ticket.
Choose from the following:
VIP ticket ($60) What you get:
- Entry to AwesTRUCK 2012 during the VIP hour of the event at 2 pm including the awards ceremony from 3:30 pm to 4 pm
- Complimentary food and non-alcoholic beverages from all food vendors during the VIP hour of the event from 2 pm – 4 pm.
- 3 drink tickets valid for one alcoholic beverage each, valid from 2 pm until close.
Entry is valid from 2 pm until close. VIP ticket includes complimentary food from 2 pm – 4 pm only. After 4 pm all food must be purchased from food vendors at the menu-listed price. During VIP hour a maximum of 2 items can be ordered at one time from a vendor. Once a guest receives their order, the guest must return to the back of the line to order again.
General Admission ticket ($15) - What you get:
- Admission into Canada's first event celebrating and awarding the quality and diversity of our burgeoning gourmet street food culture. Food will be available to purchase from 8 of Ontario's best food trucks, 8 of Ontario's best popup vendors as well as drinks from Ontario wineries, craft breweries and spirit distillers.
What’s an awards ceremony without a little swag? Kit yourself out with your own silverware or some swanky threads from the AwesTRUCK catalogue…er…below…
AwesTRUCK Snack Pack ($25) - What you get:
- Slick, reusable retro-styled Food Truck Eats metal lunch box
- Handy reusable metal Food Truck Eats cutlery set including: knife, fork, spoon and chopsticks
AwesTRUCK Commemorative T-shirt ($20)
Wear your street food revolution on your sleeve with this stylish concert-inspired souvenir t-shirt emblazoned with the AwesTRUCK 2012 logo on the front and the AwesTRUCK 2012 winners names on the back.
Dark Grey Available sizes:
Men’s: S, M, L, XL Women’s XS, S, M, L
AwesTRUCK Combo Pack ($40) Snack Pack + Commemorative T-Shirt
All the merch for less the cash! Score! You should treat yourself to a drink or snack at the event with the half saw-buck you'll have saved!